Friday, August 5, 2011

Comments for Cheryl McGovern


This weeks reading assignment was very much on target for me.  I am in the library, and am asked copyright questions all the time.  This was very helpful.  I was amazed at the fact that copyright lasts a lifetime plus 70 years! WOW! That is one long time! It is a good thing that someone came up with fair use! Teachers would be in so much trouble if fair use was not around! Another thing that I thought was that those rappers with all the profanity and sexual innuendos throughout their music should be glad that someone would even consider using any of it.  I won't even subject myself to listening to that in the first place, let alone "borrowing" any of it! I am really behind in the times, as I have never heard of Danger Mouse and the album "Grey". I also did not realize that Nigeria was so involved in the music industry.  I really liked the "Fairy Tale" using the Disney characters! That was my favorite part.













Cheryl

I also was impressed by the amount of time that a copyright last. I always wondered why most of the hymns in the hymnals are public domain, probably because the composer wrote it more than 70 years before now. It is also amazing to me how much can be copyrighted.Thanks so much for sharing your take from the required videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment