Friday, August 26, 2011

Wk4 Publishing/Leadership project part 2 of 2: MENC is for me!

While I was in college pursuing my Music Education degree, one of our requirements was to attend 5 sessions at the annual MENC conference. I went to school in Greensboro, NC and the conferences were held in Winston Salem, NC every year. They would send out the memo for the entire 4 day conference and throughout the day you could attend whatever sessions you thought suited you. This is the venue in which I want to share my research and findings through a presentation.

I would present all of my information in the form of a key note presentation and provide them with some quotes from my research that details my findings. MENC caters to all of the music educators in that district and surrounding areas. I would love to present something different every year as well as showing them how I implemented all of my ideas into my classroom.  I would give the music educators pointers and things that worked for me and we could all share on our personal experiences. We all know that each class and student is different but by working together we can better educate our students.

After presenting to the other music educators, I would share emails so that we can keep a email chain going and share ideas more than just once a year. Some days I think it would just be good to hear how certain things worked for others.

Here is a copy of my presentation that I would make during the conference.

files.me.com/ladytee2/mwvcvw.key.zip


No comments:

Post a Comment